Maybe it’s the Texan in me, or maybe it is the fact that I am obsessed with breakfast, but this is definitely one of my favorite breakfast recipes. This is perfect for weekends or to prep ahead of time and have a quick and delicious on-the-go option in the morning.
The best part? It is kid approved! This breakfast casserole is sure to spice things up and get you out of the same old boring breakfast routine.
Looking for other delicious meal ideas but don’t have the time to figure out what to actually make? We’ve done the work for you! Click here to purchase our seasonal meal plan! This comes complete with weekly shopping lists, prep guides, snacks, and swaps that help make PHFF even easier.
Tex-Mex Egg Casserole
Prep time: 15
Cook time: 30
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 c cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt (divided)
- 6 oz cheddar cheese (grated, divided)
- 8 oz extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 c salsa
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 3 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 yellow onions (chopped)
- 2 c baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and line a baking dish with parchment paper or grease with oil.
- Add cream cheese, eggs, and half the salt to a bowl. Beat over medium speed until well combined and smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into the baking dish and top with half the cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef to the pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it is cooked through and no longer pink, drain any excess drippings from the pan.
- Sauté bell peppers and onion until soft. Then add the salsa, spinach, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, and remaining salt. Reduce heat to low and cook for five minutes.
- Add beef mixture to the baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool before slicing
– Brianna, MM Coach