Looking for an easy dinner that the whole family will love? Stop searching, because I got you! I guarantee this one will make it into your monthly rotation. I mean, who doesn’t love pasta? This is the type of comfort food that feels good even after eating it.
This alfredo sauce is made with…*drumroll please*…cottage cheese. I know some of you are ready to hit the x on this whole page now, but just trust me. You’ll be blending away all of the texture, and the final result actually tastes like alfredo sauce. Seriously.
Cottage cheese + chicken + chickpea pasta gives you a high-protein dinner that will fill you up and keep you satiated all night.
Looking for other delicious meal ideas but don’t have the time to figure out what to actually make? We’ve done the work for you! Click here to purchase our seasonal meal plan! This comes complete with weekly shopping lists, prep guides, snacks, and swaps that help make PHFF even easier.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 c unsweetened nut milk
- 1 1/2 c cottage cheese
- 8 oz chickpea pasta
- 2 c cherry tomatoes
- 3 c baby spinach
- 8 oz rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Combine nut milk, cottage cheese, seasonings, and parmesan cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan on low-medium heat. Slowly bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Cook and stir the sauce until thickened. Add in pasta, chicken, tomatoes, and spinach. Fold ingredients into the sauce until spinach has softened.
*need more servings? Double the ingredients to make more servings for larger families or to have leftovers for the next day!