Is eating breakfast a struggle? For many of us, life is busy in the morning. Unfortunately, breakfast just isn’t a priority most mornings – even if you have the best of intentions the night before. In MM, we talk a loooot about breakfast.
So many clients see amazing changes just from starting the simple habit of starting their day with a high-protein breakfast. Why do we focus so much on protein, especially in the morning? Because it helps keep you full and satiated! And we don’t want you hungry by 10 AM – you don’t have time for that. Breakfast is also an easy meal to really pack in the protein because there are so many protein sources to add. You can find more protein ideas in this blog post.
You may be reading this and thinking…yep, I know it’s important, but my mornings are busy!
I get it – mine too! If there is anything I take the time to prep each week, it’s breakfast. Luckily, this takes almost zero time to prep. So, if breakfast is a struggle, try this high-protein, grab-n-go breakfast option: Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding.
Looking for other delicious meal ideas but don’t have the time to figure out what to actually make? We’ve done the work for you! Click here to purchase our seasonal meal plan! This comes complete with weekly shopping lists, prep guides, snacks, and swaps that help make PHFF even easier.
Ok, without further ado – Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding.
Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: NONE! (thank me later)
- 1/2 c chia seeds
- 4 c unsweetened coconut milk (from the carton)
- 4 servings of chocolate protein powder (Check out our protein rec’s here!)
- 2 c cherries (pitted) – both fresh or frozen work great!
- 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine chia seeds with coconut milk and protein powder. Whisk well, making sure all seeds are incorporated. Divide and transfer to mason jars or airtight glass containers. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or overnight to thicken.
- Top the chia puddings with cherries and coconut before serving.
*If using frozen cherries – add to container during prep*
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 17 g
Fiber: 13 g