OK so it’s definitely not a secret but I literally shout I LOVE COLLAGEN from the rooftops whenever I have access to a rooftop, BUT it is my #1 – my ride or die – my A1 since day 1 or at least for the last year. While I swear by it for great skin AND anti-aging, it’s also a big part of my hair care, nail game, and gut health. It’s just overall my top pick for overall wellness.
So let’s dig in.
What’s your #1 anti-aging tip?
What are your top skincare secrets?
If there was one supplement you had to take for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Collagen, collagen, collagen.
Collagen has a RIDICULOUS number of health benefits. And unlike some supplements, it has benefits that you can actually SEE. And yeah, taking magnesium at night for most people (including me!) is essential for optimal health, buuuuuuut isn’t it more fun when somethin’ you’re poppin’ every day makes your skin and nails gorgeous?! YES. SO MUCH YES.
I can’t think of a single woman who would NOT want to reverse the signs of aging, prevent wrinkles, strengthen her nails, grow longer/stronger hair, AND improve digestion. If this is something that doesn’t interest you, I’m sorry, but I think you’re in the wrong place.
Which is why I decided I was way overdue on sharing this with you. Collagen is all the rage right now, and it is here to stay.
I started taking collagen about a year ago and I started with Great Lakes (The OG of collagen). I LOVE Great Lakes, but some of the newer brands, like Further Food and Vital Proteins are completely odorless and tasteless (more so than Great Lakes). They’re more expensive, but to me, it’s worth it.
These days, I use Further Food collagen peptides. I’ve been using it for a little while now and it’s just as good as Great Lakes, but easier to drink. Even better, because I love their product and wanted to tell you guys about it, they offered to give my readers 5% off (using NUTRITIONADDICTION). WIN.
What I love about Further Food, aside from the fact that their collagen peptides are odorless and tasteless, is that they have BOTH marine collagen (totally vegan!!) and grass-fed, pasture raised beef collagen. The marine collagen is more pricey than the grass-fed, but it really is superior. Your body just absorbs it better and more quickly. BUT…..they are both fantastic options.
1. My favorite – ANTI-AGING. After 25, we start to lose the collagen in our skin – and it’s COLLAGEN that prevents us from getting wrinkles! When you consume collagen peptides, the collagen goes straight to your skin and goes to work on preventing those wrinkles from forming.
2. REVERSAL OF AGING – Even crazier, collagen can actually reverse the signs of aging. Get ~20g collagen protein/day and you’ll start to see those fine lines start to diminish.
3. HAIR & NAILS – Collagen protein is the foundation of your hair and nails, so it’s no wonder that taking it regularly can cause your nails and hair to grow longer and stronger. I know personally, when I first started taking collagen I had to always get my hair appointments moved up because my blonde was growing out too quickly.
4. REDUCTION OF CELLULITE: !!!!!!! So, this makes sense because if your skin has less collagen, it’s going to be more…saggy. And the appearance of cellulite will be more prominent. If your skin it firmer due to adequate collagen, the cellulite will be less apparent. And let me tell you, I have FOR SURE noticed my saddle bags/the back of my legs appear to be smoother over this past year. It takes a while, but keep at it and you’ll notice a difference.
5. IMPROVES GUT HEALTH: Gut health is all the rage for a reason. Our guts are basically our second brain and the health of our gut directly impacts the health of the rest of our body (and our digestion, of course!) Collagen has a unique amino acid profile that reduces gut inflammation, aids in healthy digestion, and helps with IBS.
6. HEALTHY JOINTS: I ALWAYS recommend collagen for people with joint pain or arthritis, because collagen helps so much with inflammation.
Collagen really is a ride or die for me.
I’ll be taking this stuff for LIFE. I will do literally anything for the sake of wellness, especially when it comes to anti-aging. And something that’s scalpel and needle-free? Sign me up.
My recommendation: take 2 scoops/day, one in the AM and one right before bed. I do mine in my morning coffee and my evening Magnesium Tea. Stay young forever. Easy peasy.
So, go get yourself some collagen and start working on those vodka-induced wrinkles you formed this weekend (I’ll be getting mine in tomorrow night during my wine night w the girls). I hope I’ve cured some of your Sunday Scaries 🙂
Some of the links on this page contain affiliate links. That means, if you purchase something from one of these links, I make a little cash. DUH. I have to eat too, ya know? But I’m not shady, and would never, ever recommend a product that wasn’t amazing and that I don’t already use myself.